The word has been out for quite a while, that visuals capture people’s attention faster than any possible group of words. Here’s a simple example:
Enter To Win $ 1,000.000.00
Enter to Win $ 1,000,000.00
Even though the text featured 1 million dollars, your eyes went directly to the Benjamin didn’t they? Well let me re-phrase that, your eyes went straight to the Benjamin once you laid eyes on this post
The same behavior has been observed in social media. Followers and fans are more responsive to graphics and pictures than they are to words. Integrating pictures and graphics to your posts, tweets etc… can increase engagement which than increases the chances of making a sale.
The following infographic courtesy of www.mbooth.com who partnered with simplymeasured.com, summarizes the lastest statistics on the behavior of social media users when it comes to visuals. They obtained the data from 10 of Facebook’s Top Brand Pages. The Verdict? Images rule across Social Media!
Check our our quick tips on sharing pictures and images for your business, right after the infographic…
Quick Tips To Increase Your Social Media Engagement With Pictures or Graphics
This is a really quick tip because it’s the same approach that you should follow for all of your social media business profiles. It involves sharing a related picture or graphic to the text that you will be sharing.
* If you are posting about one of your products, share a picture of your product and add your message.
* If you are posting about one of your services, find a related picture or graphic for your service share it and add your message.
* If you are striking up a conversation with your fans or followers include a related picture or graphic with the topic of your conversation, share it and include your message. For example for our Sunday conversation post we wanted our community members to tell us about their day and whether or not they were working on their business, on their home chores or just relaxing. We used a picture related to Sunday:
* Pinterest: Pinterest has huge potential for driving traffic to your website! If you haven’t opened a Pinterest account for your business it’s a great idea to do so now. Statistics are proving that visuals rule social media engagement and Pinterest is surely all about visuals! Check out why and how to open your Pinterest business account: Pinterest For Business.
* Blog & Website: Include captivating visuals related to your posts on your blog. Not only will you keep your readers more engaged, but whenever you or someone else shares one of your posts, you will have an attractive graphic that will accompany the link to your blog or website. If you are using Pinterest, this can be very useful when it comes time to pin your post, you will have an image that Pinterest will use to create your link.
* Think you can handle more social media profiles? If you think you can handle more social media profiles and have lots of fab pictures to share, think about opening a tumblr and/or Instagram account. These social media platforms are big on pictures (Instagram’s nature is sharing pictures). If you can get followers on any of these two platforms, this will work wonders in expanding your brand’s name!
Most of us love pictures and graphics, your fans and followers love graphics, don’t you?
What about your business? Do you usually share pictures and graphics on your business’ social media profiles? Are your blog posts just text, text and more text or do you use captivating graphics to break down your posts? Are you thinking about opening an Instagram or tumblr account for your business? Share your experience with us!